The Community Outreach Commission coordinates the ministries to help make Disciples, work for social Justice and Right to Life, get volunteers to serve the Parish, and help to insure the parishioners are kept informed about what is happening in the parish. Its scope includes outreach to both the parish membership and the larger community, either in the neighborhood or beyond. The ministries include:
- Catholic Daughters
- Knights of Columbus
- MOM Ministry
- Respect Life Ministry
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Widows Ministry
- Holy League
The Catholic Daughters of the Americas strive to embrace the principles of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality, and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all.
Contacts: Margaret Hoese
Knights of Columbus
The mission of the Knights of Columbus is to encourage the Catholic faith of their members, their families, and the community through their charity and the examples of their lives, and to stand in service to, as well as witnesses to, the Good News of the Gospel. The principles of the Order are Charity, Unity, Fraternity, and Patriotism.
Respect Life Ministry
In response to the Gospel of Life, the members of Respect Life commit themselves to prayer, education, and action in defense of life. It is our purpose to foster an awareness of the dignity and sanctity of all human life, from conception to natural death. We are dedicated to observing, and promoting the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church on all life issues. Some of these include: abortion, euthanasia, assisted suicide, stem cell research, the death penalty and helping the poor, less fortunate, sick and lonely of the world.
Contacts: Pam Gordon
Motherhood of Mary Ministry
The Motherhood of Mary (MOM) Ministry needs you! The MOM Ministry is a group of women united in our vocation of motherhood serving our families, church, and community by building up God's domestic church through liturgical living. For more information about the ministry or any events email email@example.com
Society of St. Vincent de Paul
The mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) ministry is to provide the necessities of life and spiritual comfort to the poor and economically depressed families and members of our parish and community in their time of need.
- Food supplementation
- Emergency food relief
- Collection and distribution of clothing
- Referral to local programs providing additional support
- Mentoring: The role of mentoring is to work with families supported by SVDP to help them break out of the cycle of poverty. This includes help to the adult family member and the mentoring of children primary to assist in their educational needs. This includes language, spiritual, and life skills to mothers who come to classes on days of food pickup. The Mentor will:
- Listen to their needs/concerns and offer advice (if appropriate)
- Pray with their client family.
- Research areas for appropriate referral of assistance.
- Become an advocate.
- Share life skills that may help the family make their decisions (when appropriate)