The mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) ministry is to provide the necessities of life and spiritual comfort to the poor and economically depressed families and members of our parish and community in their time of need.
- Food supplementation
- Emergency food relief
- Collection and distribution of clothing
- Referral to local programs providing additional support
- Mentoring: The role of mentoring is to work with families supported by SVDP to help them break out of the cycle of poverty. This includes help to the adult family member and the mentoring of children primary to assist in their educational needs. This includes language, spiritual, and life skills to mothers who come to classes on days of food pickup. The Mentor will:
- Listen to their needs/concerns and offer advice (if appropriate)
- Pray with their client family.
- Research areas for appropriate referral of assistance.
- Become an advocate.
- Share life skills that may help the family make their decisions (when appropriate)
Distribution Schedule: Every other week
Thursday 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
|SVDP Conference President:
||Terry & Judy Temple