The Pastoral Council is seeking nominations for six (6) vacancies on the Council. There is a three-year commitment to serve, and nominees must meet the following criteria:
1. Candidates must have graduated from high school and be at least 18 years of age by the beginning of the term on July 1, 2015.
2. Candidates must have demonstrated a commitment to the parish community by being involved in some ministry (Liturgical, Faith Formation, or any of the other 50+ ministries in our parish).
3. Candidates must be in communion with the Catholic Church and be committed to spiritual growth.
4. Candidates must have a keen desire to help and the ability to listen, reflect, and express themselves professionally. They are to be able to communicate well with others and adapt quickly to new challenges. They are to be able to advise the Pastor on a variety of issues.
5. Candidates are to be able to attend the meetings normally on the first Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Education Building.
6. Candidates must be able to attend a private meeting, prior to selection, with Pastor Father Jose Francisco Puente which will provide an opportunity for orientation, discernment, and brief interview.
7. Those selected must be available to attend a FY 2016 Planning Workshop on a Saturday, not yet chosen, in July from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
We are seeking to complement the diversity of our parish and that of the current Council members. If you are interested in serving in this most important advisory capacity or know someone who would be a strong candidate, please contact personally or telephonically one of the current Pastoral Council Members:
Paul Barton 972-746-5588 Casey Pawelek 210-392-4620
Larry Engbrock 210-827-9270 Maryetta Schmiedekamp 830-214-5117
Ed Andrade 210-413-6662 Bud Baie 830-899-2487
Jayne Turnipseede 830-438-7759 Lorie Kolacny 210-471-9841
Stephanie Abshire 210-355-3701 Bob August 210-548-8547
John Sondergaard 210-386-3692 Rudy Gonzales 210-488-5431
As St. Joseph Church continues to grow, our challenges are great in getting new parishioners involved, nurturing the faith needs of all our parishioners, providing needed programs and facilities, planning strategically, and making the necessary prioritized tactical decisions. We thank you for considering this critical commitment for the future of St. Joseph Catholic Church-Honey Creek. If you want to nominate someone, please obtain their consent. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF NAMES TO A CURRENT PASTORAL COUNCIL MEMBER IS APRIL 1, 2015.