October 8 beginning at 10am
Join us in celebrating over 50 years of the Honeycreek Festival. What began as an annual parish festival and homecoming has turned into a community event combining German heritage foods with Tex-Mex fun and festivities.
FREE Admission - Food, Games, Music, Arts & Crafts, Prize Drawings, Activities, Auctions
Learn more about the festival at http://www.honeycreekfestival.com/
"The harvest is plenty, the laborers are few."
Start thinking of how you would like to help this year....sign up sheets for volunteer opportunities available here.
Other things needed for a successful festival are donation items for the raffle, and the Live and Silent Auctions. Donated items should be new, unused items such as, tickets for entertainment, vacations, gift cards, electronics, outdoor items such as grilles, lawn furniture, just to name a few. Cash donations are also appreciated so that we may purchase additional items. The Committee will determine where donated items will be featured.
Here are some other areas that need donations:
- The Country Store: The Catholic Daughters of America would appreciate your donations for the Country Store/Parish Festival. Complete list of needed items can be found on parish website or you can call parish office for more details. There will be boxes at the downstairs entrance and foyer of the church. Thank you so much!
- The Rummage/Recycling Sale: Books, toys, school supplies, clean household items, office items, sports equipment, luggage, etc. (No clothing, computer equipment or old wide box/Heavy TVs.) Donations can be brought to the church on the following dates: the week-ends of 9/16-17, 9/23-24 or 9/30-10/1. Times will be Saturday 9 am - 12 noon and Sunday 11 am - 1 pm. Donation location will be at an oversized POD which will be located at the end of the Parish Hall by the Faith Formation Offices.
- The Bake Shop: Home-made baked goods of all kinds will be greatly appreciated.
- Kids Games Booths: Donations needed and appreciated for the games booths. Candy or lollipops (no chocolate, please) *Individually bagged snacks: pretzels, Goldfish crackers, fruit snacks, Cheez-its, etc *Small toys - Treasure chest type trinkets *Cash or gift cards Look for the box in the gathering spaceARTS & CRAFTS BOOTH NEEDS YOUR DONATIONS
- Each year, many of our parishioners make arts/craftsitems at home and donate them to the Festival Arts/Crafts booth. Please brings items to us no later than September 27, 10:00-3:00, Room 106, at the Education Building or call us if you need items picked up, no later than September 2o. Please put your name and phone number on your donation. If you have Christmas fabric, thread (basic colors), costume jewelry, wreaths (finished or unfinished), supplies for wreaths or other craft items, the craft group could really use. Thank you for your donations. For more information or to make arrangements for pick up, please call Joana Alexander, 830-336-2602 or Lisa Young, 830-885-6708.
Be on the lookout for Honey Creek T-shirt sales in the gathering space - get yours before we run out!
Festival Preparation to Welcome Friends and Family:
September 23 - 7:30 am Grounds/Landscape clean-up crew
September 27 - 9:00 am Kitchen Preparation
September 30 - 7:30 am Dining Hall & Booth Prep
October 7 - 6:30 am/7:30 am Peel Potatoes & FINAL prep
Back by popular demand:
Prize Drawing Grand Prize
JOHN DEERE GATOR